A 3 days Transylvania tour, designed to give an unforgetable taste of the mythical land.
Day 1. Breakfast. Start driving to Sibiu (274 Km NW). On the way stop at Curtea de Arges to visit the Curtea de Arges Cathedral (16th century), a unique architectural monument, build by Neagoe Basarab, in 1518. Continue to Sibiu through the spectacular Olt River Valley and visit the Cozia Monastery (14th century), foundation of Dracula’s grandfather, Mircea de Old. Arrive in Sibiu around 5 PM. Check in at the Roman Emperor or the Continental Forum Hotel (***). Dinner on your own.
Day 2. Breakfast. Walking city tour of Sibiu. Discover the Old town, known to his German builders as Hermanstadt. Walk through the Large and the Little Square, the Bridge of Lies and visit the Lutheran Cathedral (1520). After lunch, start driving north west towards Sighisoara and on the way visit Medias and the 15th century medieval fortress of Biertan (UNESCO world Heritage Site). Arrive in Sighisoara around4 PM. Visit Sighisoara, UNESCO World Heritage site, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe. Among the highlights are the Clock Tower Museum (whose top platform offers a breathtaking view of the city!), the Covered Stairway (1624) and Dracula’s birthplace house (1431). Overnight in Sighisoara. Dinner on your own.
Day 3. Breakfast. In Brasov, visit the Council Square, the Black Church, and the Old Fortified City. Drive to Bran. Continue with the Dracula Castle, the fortress of Bran. Continue to Sinaia and visit the Peles Castle, the former summer residence of the first King of Romania, Prince Karl of Hohenzollern Sigmaringen. Drive to Bucharest.
Price & Information
Price: 335 EURO/person
Minimum group: 4 persons
- 2 nights accommodation in double room with breakfast included in *** and **** hotels.
- Transport with 7 seat air condition minivan, with driver & fuel included.
- Guide/Driver accommodation and meals.
- Guiding and interpreting services.
- All entrances fees to the sites where visitation is taxed (museums, monasteries, churches, etc).
- Airport transfers.
- Your meals. Usually I recommend the best places to eat in each location, but I do not like to include meals or to set menus and tell my customers how much or what to eat. So the meals are yours.
- Picture taking taxes or video camera fees in certain locations like monasteries or museums. It is your choice to take pictures or not.